The Black Diamond Method is built for sending sport pitches, from the blocky limestone of Rifle to the enduro sandstone of the Red. By prioritizing forefoot comfort and a minimal break-in period, the Method is easy on the feet out of the box, while maintaining stiff edge control for increased power for newer outdoor climbers. With a downturned last that’s not ultra-aggressive, these shoes perform well on a variety of angles, from steep to vertical, making them a one-quiver sport shoe for those who value simplicity. The molded sticky rubber—inspired by the way we forge our carabiners—is not cut from one sheet, allowing us to optimize the molds for minimal waste, low weight, consistency and comfort. A stretch-resistant micro-fiber upper provides next to skin comfort, and the tongue is made from our cush, microsuede lined woven textile, which is exceptionally breathable and increases mobility. The Method wraps it all up with Velcro straps that allow you to dial in the desired tension and fit.
- Moderate, downturned last for vertical to gently overhanging sport routes
- 4.3mm Black Label Fuse rubber is molded for superior grip, optimal consistency, and performance
- Cush, padded, microsuede lined woven tongue, which is exceptionally breathable and increases mobility
- 3D molded heel provides fit and protection for comfortable, powerful heel hooking
- Heel tension and arch rubber provide power and support
- Velcro straps for fit adjustability